Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sunday Morning

I witnessed the most beautiful sunrise today. We were all up at 7:00 today and by 7:30 we had all packed ourselves in the car ready to return home. It was then, that I saw the sun. So slowly it started as a small flicker and I could see it erasing the darkness of the night. The next thing I know it was brightening the whole sky in a pastel yellow glow. To my right I see the bright sky holding the sun in it's palm. To the left, is the small bit of dark cloudy sky that's left. It's amazing how God creates the alternation of day and night, its so slow but absolutely miraculous, words cannot even describe it's true beauty. That's what I see in the morning. Its kind of strange but I feel that the sunrise is more beautiful than the sunset. It reminds me that God was merciful enough to give me another day to live. To me,
it represents a new chance and another beginning as opposed to the sunset and it's representation of the end of the day. I used to wonder why God made the world the way He did. I mean the way we perceive it, is that how He wanted us to see it? I'm so thankful that I have Islam to give me these answers. There are so many mysteries about the world. Scientists try to find the answers and discover, but if they had just read the Quran they would have known these things so much earlier. That's the thing, Islam follows no trends or times in history, we have our own trend and guide which is Islam and our guidebook is the Quran. For example, women used to cover their hair and wouldn't go out if their ankles were not covered! Now women walk around practically half naked. We Muslim women don't follow the trends, to this day we continue to cover ourselves from head to toe when we leave the house. At the same time, we've known about these discoveries (such as the separation of salt and fresh water) for centuries, 1400 years earlier, but scientists are only discovering them now. This is the truth of Allah. God's words can be nothing but true. God's words are in all three books (the Bible, the Torah and the Quran) but over time people have altered it. They've changed things and replaced words. Only the Quran's words have been unchanged and if you don't believe me, please read it for yourself, and discover the beauty of Islam.

No comments:

Post a Comment